First Ozbow Email For 2004

Please read these regularly. They will convey where the Ozbow site is up to, what is planned & happening in the short term, responses to general feedback, and so on.

Moderator: Moderators

erron

First Ozbow Email For 2004

#1 Post by erron » Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:51 pm

This is the content of the First Ozbow Email Fror 2004 sent to members, for those who are not members...
G'day!

Well, first, the obvious salutation: a very Happy New Year to everyone! Ozbow has been going less than 6 months, but for a small site in a country whose Traditional Archery population is comparatively miniscule, we are GOING STRONG! Thanks to all those of you who contribute, and a special hi! to all our overseas members! Our diversity is one of our great strengths, and we should celebrate it. So wherever you are, whoever you are, pop a cyber beer/tea/soft drink/whatever, and here’s to a magnificent 2004 for ourselves, our loved ones, our families and of course, this web site we all are a part of! :-)

I have plans for Ozbow in 2004 which should see it grow steadily as the site for Traditional Archery & Bowhunting in Australia. I will announce these as we go along, but look for a revamp of our pages shortly as an indication of where we are heading. Coverage of the legalities and practicalities of hunting in OZ are one of the many areas I want to tackle quickly. How to respond to threats from Antis is another. Where, when, how and what to hunt in OZ, and what guides and outfitters are recommended, is another area of interest. If you can think of any others, let me/us know! Preferably in a post so all may contribute… ;-)

The Ozbow 2003 knife is still orderable, I believe, but if you want one of these ‘destined to be collectors’ items’ you’d better get in fast, as I think Peter Jensen will be cutting over to the competition to design the Ozbow 2004 knife soon?! So, get yourself a great knife made by one of Australia’s world renowned knife makers at an excellent price, and have a part of the 'Ozbow Early Days' to show off in years to come! Tell your friends! But wait, you also get a steak knife set…!

:-)

Just kidding, I’m getting carried away by the spiel. Seriously, the offer closes soon and I just don’t want anyone to miss out.

Keep a keen eye out for the latest issue of Archery action magazine, as there is an advertisement for Bowhunting/Archery websites in there. The 3 sites listed so far are Ozbow, Bowhunters Group of Australia, and Tradbow. Many Thanks to Cher Lacey for arranging this!

Also, a lot of new people have joined lately and some have posted pics of their bows etc. in the 'album' section of the site. Just click on 'album' at the top left and drill down from there into Users Personal Galleries. There are some truly stunning shots, and thanks to all for showing off their stuff!

That’s about it, there’s more on the site, so check in regularly to keep in touch. Remember: your input is not only appreciated, but crucial: after all, how many times do you visit a website if no one posts there any more? So please, keep contributing, and if you haven’t started, don’t be shy!

All the best for 2004 again, and thanks for making the work associated with Ozbow worthwhile!

Erron

Erron Adams
www.ozbow.net
Traditional Archery & Bowhunting in Australia