Email addresses!

Please read these regularly. They will convey where the Ozbow site is up to, what is planned & happening in the short term, responses to general feedback, and so on.

Moderator: Moderators

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

Email addresses!

#1 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Thu May 15, 2008 2:46 pm

G'day All,

I have had a number of the Ozbow automatically generated emails sent to members (notifying of PM's etc) bouncing. Please ensure that the email address in your profile is current or that your mail box isn't full so as to avoid this from happening.

Thanks

Jeff

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Email addresses!

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:21 pm

Thanks to those members who updated their email addresses. Unfortunately some members have failed to do so even after they have been contacted by Admin. Consequently their accounts have been deleted. These members will need to reregister.

Jeff

Coach

#3 Post by Coach » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:54 pm

Thats a bit harsh isnt it Jeff ?? What is the actual problem ?

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#4 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:01 pm

Coach,

It is purely an administrative issue. There were far too many member to member and PM notification emails bouncing back to Admin. The members concerned were contacted and asked to update their email adresses but failed to do so, that's all.

Jeff

Coach

#5 Post by Coach » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:29 am

No worries , I was just wondering what sort of a problem it caused :D

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#6 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:07 pm

G'day All,

I ask once again that you all keep a check that you have current email addresses registered with Ozbow as any correspondence such as emails and PM notifications bounce back to me if your email address is incorrect. I have been receiving quite a lot each day again recently.

Thanks

Jeff

Coach

#7 Post by Coach » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:28 pm

Stickbow Hunter wrote:G'day All,

I ask once again that you all keep a check that you have current email addresses registered with Ozbow as any correspondence such as emails and PM notifications bounce back to me if your email address is incorrect. I have been receiving quite a lot each day again recently.

Thanks

Jeff
Ban 'em :D

EDIT : Wheres the smilies gone ?

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#8 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:41 pm

There still there for me. :D

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#9 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:35 am

TTT

Please ensure you have your contact details up to date so you can be notified if you have a PM etc.

Thanks

Jeff

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#10 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:14 pm

Please folks keep your email addresses up to date as I am sick and tired of getting your emails bounced back to me. There is little point in being a member of a site where you wish to have private contact with other members if your emails bounce and in some cases you simply don't bother reading PM's. :? :x

Also if any new potential members have registered but have not received correspondence from Admin please use the contact link on the front page of the site to contact Admin as I have had a couple of new members register with wrong emails.

Thanks

Jeff

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#11 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:39 pm

TTT

Please keep your email addresses up to date!!!

Jeff

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#12 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:24 pm

Once again people, PLEASE keep your email addresses up to date!!!

I am VERY tired of receiving the large number of member notification emails that bounce back to me simply because the recipients email address is wrong. :x Keeping your details up to date is part of belonging to any internet forum so please update your profile when you change email addresses.

Thanks

Jeff

dmm

#13 Post by dmm » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:40 pm

Jeff,

No argument that people should keep they're details up to date. I was guilty of it myself until you let me know. Unfortunately it's easy not to realise that you aren't getting e-mails, but of course for you it's the reverse.

Just to make things a little easier on you, have you checked whether your e-mail client allows you to do mail filtering rules. I know that Thunderbird does, and it runs on many different operating systems.
http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/t ... /download/

I think you'd be able to find a common element in the bounces, like perhaps they say message bounced in the subject and aren't addressed to you??

If so, you can round them all up into a folder and look at them once a month.
Or not.
David
--
Sky TDX 17 riser with Kaya Carbon Tomcat limbs(25H-36#) short Beiter button and rest.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#14 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:24 am

Thanks for your input David. The annoying part really is that members tick in their profile that they want to be notified of PM's etc but don't bother to keep tabs on whether their email addreses are up to date so they can receive them. Also if Admin wishes to contact them we can't.

Jeff