Errors on Ozbow Campfires.

Please read these regularly. They will convey where the Ozbow site is up to, what is planned & happening in the short term, responses to general feedback, and so on.

Moderator: Moderators

GrahameA

Errors on Ozbow Campfires.

#1 Post by GrahameA » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:57 pm

Evening All

I have had a couple of comments today that some people are having a few problems getting onto the Ozbow site.

I am aware that people living within a few miles of each other one is having problems and one is not.

As at 1735 Brisbane Time it is working okay for me using both Firefox and Internet Explorer.

I will be talking the the host technician within the next 30 minutes and putting him onto the problem but at this moment the symptons are indicating that the problem is downstream of the server and not something they have control over.
Last edited by GrahameA on Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

FORRO

#2 Post by FORRO » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:56 pm

Grahame A
Thankes I am up and running now :D :D :D
Keith

Coach

#3 Post by Coach » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:58 pm

In total 166 user have visited this site today :: 28 Registered, 2 Hidden and 136 Guests , 28 of them within the last hour.
Registered Users: aj, bear74, Chase N. Nocks, Chris, CM Sackett, Crowcreek2, Dennis La Varenne, Edwarddgrey, emarmercordix, FORRO, GrahameA, greybeard, hardgainer, jape, Jaydo17, jcm, Jeffro, Len, losty, Marc Coombs, Mick Smith, Moreton, pedro, perry, TomW, trophy bowhunts, White Hawk, yeoman
Is this part of the error or are there that many users at the moment ?

I have seen this on another site regularly and it usually means the site is about to crash and the users cant post for 24 hours .

Gringa Bows

#4 Post by Gringa Bows » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:09 pm

ive finally got back in first time since 930pm tuesday thanks to my son getting rid of history and cookies what ever that means........Rod

GrahameA

#5 Post by GrahameA » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:11 pm

Coach

it means what it says
In total 166 user have visited this site today
It does not indicate how many are currently visiting. There is alway flurry of visitors late in the afternoon as people come home from work and then check it out - thus the 28 in the last hour.

LB rod 55

Ah ha. The old cached files trick. :D Number two for today. :D
Grahame.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

NCArcher

#6 Post by NCArcher » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:55 pm

I'm also back up.
Cached files/cookies removed.

GrahameA

#7 Post by GrahameA » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:15 am

Grahame.

howler

#8 Post by howler » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:31 pm

i got a bit worried myself as i couldnt get back in either ,but all is good now