Suggestions For Charity Auction Forum?

Please read these regularly. They will convey where the Ozbow site is up to, what is planned & happening in the short term, responses to general feedback, and so on.

Moderator: Moderators

erron

Suggestions For Charity Auction Forum?

#1 Post by erron » Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:01 am

Need your help here.

I just finished reading about how the Royal Melbourne Childrens Hospital is going broke, and our great government in Victoria won't give it a proper hand out. A common story; I'm sure we can all give our own local version.

Anyway, I was thinking what we could do to help out. Maybe this:
  • 1. Set up a charity Auction forum.

2. Posters stipulate which charity the proceeds of the sale of their goods are going to, and how much of the take will go to said charity (they may want to withhold a small amount for out of pocket expenses, I don’t know?)

3. The running of each auction thread is the responsibility of the original poster. They will decide how long it goes for, if a reserve is reached, etc. They are also responsible for forwarding monies to the charity concerned. This is an honours system, relying on the hearts and minds of participants. If they cheat on the deal, it’s on their soul.
Who knows, we might even get some good publicity for a change, though that should not be the goal of this.

Let me know if this is another of my hare-brained ideas. :roll: I just felt moved by reading the article to do something.

Erron

adam

#2 Post by adam » Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:22 am

Just another idea could we posibly set up a charity bowshoot. what ever per head I may be able to set up a property. Kinda like a Game safari and all money would go to charity or an archery shoot so much per head.

as for the auction I think I may have something to contribute
True Wild Range Traditional Bowhunter

erron

#3 Post by erron » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:16 am

Adam, the charity shoot is a great idea, I think, if you can organize it! Deserves a thread of its own, in fact. If you get around to it, you can count on me being there, if at all possible!

:)

Erron