Frontpage Photo

Please read these regularly. They will convey where the Ozbow site is up to, what is planned & happening in the short term, responses to general feedback, and so on.

Moderator: Moderators

GrahameA

Frontpage Photo

#1 Post by GrahameA » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:13 am

Good Morning Ozbow-philites

The photos on the front have been kept down in size so as keep everything loading fast and within reasonable dimenesions. As well you only ever get to see the photos when they are on the front page.

So this time round I did a bit of work in the background. Click on the photo and you will get a large version, click o the large version and it will take you back to the main page.

As well I whipped up a few pages showing some past front page photos, So if you click on the photo you will get a large version of the latest and if you click on the thumbnails at the top you will get large versions of them..
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

The Gnome!

#2 Post by The Gnome! » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:32 am

Thats some real handy work you've done there Grahame A 8) . Thank you and addmin for keeping up such a fine web sight.

Yours In Archery,

Gnome!

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by greybeard » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:54 pm

Hi Grahame,
Thank you for the innovation re the front page.
Daryl.

Thanks also go to those working in the background who keep this site up and running.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

GrahameA

#4 Post by GrahameA » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:17 am

Hi Chris and Daryl

Thank you, it is appreciated. Just think of Jeff who will be killing spammers as I write.

It is the aim of the Admin Team to give you the best site we can.
Grahame.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

Len

#5 Post by Len » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:43 am

Would just like to add that this is one of the best(if not the best ! ) forums around,I'm so glad I stumbled across it and have started telling all our members (LMS) about it.
Hmmmmmmm.............

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#6 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:14 pm

Yes, Grahame does a great job at keeping things running smoothly!!!

Len, glad you like the site.

Jeff

GrahameA

#7 Post by GrahameA » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:21 pm

Jeff

You are to modest - it is all your spam killing and Kris's backwork that keeps it there. Plus the team of Moderators who jump on anything that is inappropriate.

For everyone else - it really is a team effort and we are very fortunate in having a team of dedicated workers and supporters. :D
Grahame.

bleeroyb

#8 Post by bleeroyb » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:24 pm

I concur! I have to say to all you fellas, site admin that is, you do a fantastic job and this is just a brilliant resource! Thanks so much for everything, I check this site several times a day and admittedly its the only archery forum I really pay attention to (unless someone from here directs me to another thread).

Thanks again guys, keep up the good work...we all appreciate it!

Cheers,

Leeroy
Days, when the ball of our vision
Had eagles that flew unabashed to the sun;
When the grasp on the bow was decision,
And arrow and hand and eye were one.

-George Meredith (excerpt of 'Ode to youth in memory')

Bandit

#9 Post by Bandit » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:28 pm

yep, i kno its been said, but i feel the need to say it too :wink: this site rules :D i donteven bother with other archery forums, wouldn't want to get my daily trad fix anywhere else hehe.. (and i really do need my fix)
top work fellas,
bandit
*attack life, its going to kill you anyway*