Member Photos

Please read these regularly. They will convey where the Ozbow site is up to, what is planned & happening in the short term, responses to general feedback, and so on.

Moderator: Moderators

GrahameA

Member Photos

#1 Post by GrahameA » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:04 am

Hi All

We are looking at putting faces to names on the site. We would like some photos of you shooting your bow or with your equipment (bow, etc.) or with you and game taken, etc. And you do not mind the phot being displayed.

We would to display a members photo once a month on the site. Here is your chance at fame. :D

Please email photos to Admin thanks.

Regards
Admin.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

Steve H.

#2 Post by Steve H. » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:35 am

Grahame,

Just a suggestion. Does the site generate number of posts for each user? If so how about you start at the most active user and tell 'em it their turn! That way you might gather up the shy ones too and get the ball rolling!

GrahameA

#3 Post by GrahameA » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:16 am

Hi Steve

Sounds good. I will pass the suggestion along to Jeff.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#4 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:41 pm

Just a reminder folks that we are still after photos for our front page. We would like to change the photo regularly so if you have a photo of you and some game taken or with your equipment please consider emailing it to me.

It doesn't have to be a huge trophy animal, it can be of you and your equipment at the range or out in the bush or even a photo of you and a mate/s with your gear.

If you do send a photo to me please give a few details of your equipment and if it is with game taken maybe some info of where and when etc.

Don't be shy, I think this is a good way for us to get to know each other here on Ozbow.

Thanks

Jeff

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#5 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:13 am

C'on fellas/ladies, how about sending me some photos for our front page. We would like to rotate the front page photo more regularly but can't if you don't share some photos with us.

So, how about it?

Jeff

White Hawk

front page photos

#6 Post by White Hawk » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:46 am

Hey Jeff,

here is one of my favourite photos from the recent Geelong Archers - Great Southern Traditional tournament, that might be suitable for a front page photo, it captures the fantastic atmosphere of a whole bunch of trad shooters, from all over Australia coming together in the spirit of fun and friendship that is the hall mark of traditional archery.

It is of the castle clout line all at full draw and loosing. If only you could have heard the sound of 60+ bows all loosing at once! Very exciting!

Gav
Attachments
loose2.jpg
loose2.jpg (105.69 KiB) Viewed 3757 times
~ The wise man seeks the harmony of the circle
The spiritual man seeks the nothingness it surrounds
The complete man understands they are the same

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#7 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:03 pm

Thanks Gav. I have seen a lot of Trad shooters lined up and shooting together and it is a site to see and hear. :D

Anyone else with photos?

Jeff

gary p

member photos

#8 Post by gary p » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:42 pm

Hi all, thought i might post a pic or two first one is may 1977 i won the bum shot award for the unluckiest shot of the weekend, :oops: the other is august this year :lol: .GAZ
Attachments
may 1977.jpg
may 1977.jpg (74.32 KiB) Viewed 3688 times
One crowed hour of glorious life
is worth an age without a name.

gary p

#9 Post by gary p » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:11 pm

the other one, :lol: GAZ
Attachments
2006.jpg
2006.jpg (163.79 KiB) Viewed 3682 times

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#10 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:16 pm

Thanks Gaz. You seem to have aged some! :shock: :lol:

Folks, please just email the photos or PM them to me rather than post them up here thanks.

Jeff

dawallace45

#11 Post by dawallace45 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:40 pm

Gary
What club were you with at the stage you won the Bum shot award , and where did you live at the time , you look familiar , of course I'm getting older now and my brain as turned to crap so I may be wrong

David

gary p

#12 Post by gary p » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:25 am

hi dave, I grew up in Deagon, Sandgate area of Brisbane, the club was the Brisbane Valley Bowhunters which later changed to Murrumba bowhunters, and yes Jeff thanks for pointing it out that is an old photo, :roll: GAZ

dawallace45

#13 Post by dawallace45 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:55 am

Gary

Thought it was you , I was a member of Brisbane Valley Bowhunters then Murrumba Bow hunters too , Don't know if you remember me , David Wallace and also my fiancee Shirley Jennings [ Shirley Wallace for the last 27 years ] I used to give you and your mate Doug a lift now and then , I was the tall skinny feller with the yellow Gemini , I remember your mate Doug pretty well , bit of a character , 16 years old and looked more like 25 , got religion then joined the army [ still don't know how that worked ]

David

gary p

#14 Post by gary p » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:09 am

Well I,ll be blowed :o didnt think anyone else from those days would still be around. I do remember you and your gemini, Shirley too. It was only this year that i had been able to track down Doug, havent seen him in a donkeys age :cry: I actualy put a bow in his hand for the first time in years too, poor old Doug has developed a heart condition so he,s not up to doing too much these days. what have you been doing all nthese years ? good to see your still interested in flinging arrows.
GAZ :lol:

dawallace45

#15 Post by dawallace45 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:32 pm

Gary just sent you a pm , figure the rest of these guy won't be interested in us catching up

David