New Hands at the Helm for Ozbow!

Please read these regularly. They will convey where the Ozbow site is up to, what is planned & happening in the short term, responses to general feedback, and so on.

Moderator: Moderators

erron

New Hands at the Helm for Ozbow!

#1 Post by erron » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:23 pm

Folks,

As from the date of this notice, Ozbow is ‘Under New Management’. There are a number of reasons, personal and business, for my having asked others to take on the job. Fortunately for both me and Ozbow, I have been able to get people who are not only willing, but are also - I think those familiar with the following names will agree - amongst the most capable, skilled and experienced people we could have got. So, let me introduce the new team:

The new registered owner of Ozbow is Jeff Challacombe. Jeff will be ably assisted by Dennis La Varenne in matters related to archery & bowhunting, and Saul (Hubris on the site) will be the technical admin/support side of things.

Both Jeff and Dennis will be well known by those familiar with the history of Traditional Archery & Bowhunting in this country. Their contributions to the lore and culture are admirable and memorable: it is one of the things I find strange and a bit sad about our local scene that we don’t celebrate more effectively some of those who’ve made it what it is. Perhaps Ozbow will help to address this omission in some small way; I hope so…

Saul, thanks so much for taking on the sometimes time-consuming and often technically challenging job of background technical Administration. I know that what with a new baby in the family and your own business concerns, you don’t have a lot of time to spare. We all truly appreciate your volunteering.

I want to say that starting this site has been one of the most rewarding things I’ve ever done. I did it in part to repay the kindnesses and help I’d been given as a beginner by Aussie Traditional Bowhunting stalwarts like Jeff and Dennis, and because I felt there was a need for a site dedicated to Australian Traditional Archery & Bowhunting. I’ve made a lot of friends, and learnt more than I ever imagined I didn’t know, LOL!

I will very likely be overseas for a large part of this year, but will always stay in touch with Ozbow and the friends I’ve made here. I want to thank all of you for your support and input over the last two, coming up to three years, and wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Cheers Folks,

:)

Erron

Rue

Farewell and thanks

#2 Post by Rue » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:39 pm

Erron,
Sorry to hear that you have to give the site, but I am sure we have not heard the last from you. Thanks for all the hard work that you have put in over the years this is a great site. This site is appropriate for all ages to enjoy and you have left in good hands. Good luck on your new adventures and God bless you and your family.
Rick :) :)

jindydiver

#3 Post by jindydiver » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:47 pm

I wish you all the best for the future Erron.

It is a shame to see you give it up, but I am sure that the "new" guys will look after your baby just fine :D
Mick

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Abraham Lincoln

danceswithdingoes

#4 Post by danceswithdingoes » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:51 pm

Enjoy your OS adventure Erron, and welcome to the driver's seat Jeff :D

piggy

#5 Post by piggy » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:33 pm

All the best Erron, Safe and happy hunting

Cheers
Paul

Lou

#6 Post by Lou » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:38 pm

Good luck Erron, keep in touch!
Congratulations for the new role Jeff!
Lou

ssga

#7 Post by ssga » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:40 pm

In the short time i have been a member, i have enjoyed reading what you have written and your knowledge has been excellent.

Thank you and God Bless,

Chris
Moving forward is relative to where you want to go?

Buford

#8 Post by Buford » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:42 pm

Erron,
Good luck with your future endevours. Thanks for the time warden. :wink: :lol:

Jeff,
Is now a good time to talk about those flannel coloured company cars for all the mods? :P :D

Buford
Stupid TV! Be more funny!

Pete

#9 Post by Pete » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:53 pm

Good luck mate, in whatever you will do.
I believe you have made the right decision in the people who you have entrusted with the running of the site.

Pete F

Sparra

#10 Post by Sparra » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:04 pm

Good luck Erron,you will be missed but I think the site is in safe hands...Stay away from that red wine and port while your overseas and make sure you stay in touch....Does this mean Coach will be allowed back in???? :wink: :wink:
Regards...Sparra

MaylandL

All the best to Erron and Congrats to Jeff, Dennis & Sau

#11 Post by MaylandL » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:24 pm

I would like to add my thanks to you Erron for all the hard work and commitment that you have given to Ozbow. In the time that I have been a member I have found this to be an excellent forum filled with humour, experience and comaraderie. All the best to you and your family and please keep in touch. I think that Ozbow is in very capable hands with Jeff, Dennis and Saul.

Happy shooting and safe journey :)

Mick Smith

#12 Post by Mick Smith » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:26 pm

Thank you Erron for having the vision, will and ability to implement an Australian site dedicated to traditional archery. Without you this would not have happened.

I'm sure Jeff and Dennis will "jump into the breach" and do their utmost not only to continue in the time tested way, but to make any necessary changes should they become necessary. Saul's computer savvy together with his knowledge of archery will ensure the technical side of things is well taken care of. Overall, an excellent team. :wink:

All the best in your future endevours Erron. I know you will succeed in whatever you choose to do. Be certain to allow plenty of time for "play" too. It's very important for the soul. Don't let that pretty Challacombe Stickbow gather dust. :D

As Tigger would say "TTFN".

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

clinglish

#13 Post by clinglish » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:09 pm

I thank you for the effort you put in to build and maintain the site , I appreciate your continual effort i know that I would have been lost without this cyber fireplace to learn from. thanks

Anna

#14 Post by Anna » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:55 am

I'll echo everything said above. Ozbow is a fantastic site with so much knowledge, all interesting and entertaining and very useful, especially to a bowhunting newbie like me. Thanks, and good luck!

hubris

#15 Post by hubris » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:54 am

A quick post to say Gday to everyone... I'll catch up with everyone soon... once the work slows down... and the bub arrives - then I'll have more spare time :shock: :roll: :wink: (no laughing Butch!)
Saul 'Winks at Goats' & 'Paddles from Crocs'

hellier

#16 Post by hellier » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:38 am

:cry:
3 cheers for erron I reckon....bloody well done...
I'd love to have a battle of wits with you.....but you appear to be un-armed.....

CameronPotter

#17 Post by CameronPotter » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:44 am

Thanks for all the work that you have done.

I am VERY happy that it is continuing though.

Erron, I hope that you have a great trip OS and I hope that you "new" head honchos will be gentle! :lol:

Cam

rory

#18 Post by rory » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:11 am

Cheers for the site :!: Good luck :D
Wes Wallace 'Mentor' T/D recurve 65# @ 28"

Blackstump broadheads

memo

#19 Post by memo » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:15 am

Erron,
wishing you the best of luck in your travels.
Thankyou for all your work into this site, it is truly a unique place.
Ditto what Sparra said on the port & wine :lol:
Cheers mate,
Memo

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#20 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:47 pm

Erron,

You certainly know how I feel about all this but I want to publicly say thanks also for all the hard work and time and money that you have invested in this site so that each one of us could enjoy. It is really appreciated.

PLEASE take Mick's advice and make sure you MAKE time to shoot some arras and go for a hunt.

We also look forward to your continued input when time and circumstances allow.
Jeff,
Is now a good time to talk about those flannel coloured company cars for all the mods?
NO!!! :shock: :lol:

Thanks for the vote of confidence as well. Between us all I'm sure the site will continue for a long time. Please remember a web site such as this is nothing without its memebers!!!

I look forward to continued good times on here.

Jeff

erron

#21 Post by erron » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:52 pm

Thanks people, one and all. I know I can rest sure in the knowledge the reins have been passed to the right folks :)

Erron

Dennis La Varenne

#22 Post by Dennis La Varenne » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:39 pm

Erron,

. . . and ditto from me, too. Please keep in touch. We will try very hard to continue what was started here.

Many thanks,

Dennis La Varenne
Dennis La Varénne

Have the courage to argue your beliefs with conviction, but the humility to accept that you may be wrong.

QVIS CVSTODIET IPSOS CVSTODES (Who polices the police?) - DECIMVS IVNIVS IVVENALIS (Juvenal) - Satire VI, lines 347–8

What is the difference between free enterprise capitalism and organised crime?

HOMO LVPVS HOMINIS - Man is his own predator.