Inaugural Winner of Outback Broadheads!

Please read these regularly. They will convey where the Ozbow site is up to, what is planned & happening in the short term, responses to general feedback, and so on.

Moderator: Moderators

erron

Inaugural Winner of Outback Broadheads!

#1 Post by erron » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:35 pm

As most of you know by now, Woody (Alan Woodward of Outback Broadheads) made a very generous offer at the High Country hunt, namely, a donation of a dozen broadheads each month to Ozbow to be used as we saw fit. We decided to award the prize to the Best Thread or Best Individual Post of the month. This has been a great month for threads/posts and in the hackneyed words of an MC, the competition was fierce! However, there can only be one winner, and on balance, the Admin team have decided that the inaugural winner is:

Bow Buildalong Manual - Archangel

Congratulations Archangel, thanks for your efforts in promoting Traditional Archery, and for adding such great value to the site!

:) 8) :)

Check the thread out here:

http://www.ozbow.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.p ... ong+manual

And you can download the manual in .pdf form here:

http://www.ozbow.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2990

cheers,

Erron

jindydiver

#2 Post by jindydiver » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:42 pm

Good one.
Congrats bloke
Mick

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Abraham Lincoln

MaylandL

Congratulations!!

#3 Post by MaylandL » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:48 pm

Well done Archangel, it is certainly well deserved and thank you very much for your contribution :)

Looking forward to seeing some new arrows with the broadheads.

happy shooting

archangel

broadheads

#4 Post by archangel » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:26 pm

Everyone - thanks for the encouragement regarding the manual. It has been a pleasure to put something back into this website and nice to receive recognition for the work. The broadheads arrived via postbag today - thanks to Woody. They look fantastic, perfect for the weight and game I requested (rabbits and foxes).

I don't currently use carbon shafts as I prefer woods. I have read elsewhere that insert adapters are available - any information about these? Is it possible to mill your own adapters from brass?
Attachments
outback.jpg
outback.jpg (6.66 KiB) Viewed 2402 times

bsrecurve

#5 Post by bsrecurve » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:04 am

hey mate - congrats on the win - well deserved!
as for those aloy adaptors, i've tried them and really didnt like them much. they create a week-link in the arrow, and being reasonably long make broadhead alignment that much more difficult. they will certainly work fine with a bit of tinkering, but i just dont like them for the above reasons. i figure that since they take away from the trad look of wood arras, you may as well try some carbons/alloys anyway. :D

archangel

gone hunting

#6 Post by archangel » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:28 pm

Last night I pulled out a couple of alloy shafts that I had forgotten about. 6" plastic fletches with screw-in field tips, surely they would take these beaut new broadheads ... and the result was a perfect fit!! I woke up 5.30 early this morning to a clear day, strung the bow and headed out to our paddocks to see what I could get. I had already scouted the day before and knew where there were plenty of bunnies. Bingo!! Little furry critters everywhere, but very wary.

I stalked through some long grass scaring bunnies in all directions, then froze. One was hopping slowly towards me, obviously one of the slow learner variety. I nocked one of my flash arrows and waiting on full draw for the right moment and ... one rabbit drilled at 20 metres The arrow flew straight, the new heads from Woody are perfect - thanks again mate. I won't bother trying to adapt these heads to wood, will get myself more alloy shafts.

stace

#7 Post by stace » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:08 pm

Archangel
Congratulations on both counts mate a well deserved prize and a bunny to boot
stace