'Humour' Section

Please read these regularly. They will convey where the Ozbow site is up to, what is planned & happening in the short term, responses to general feedback, and so on.

Moderator: Moderators

erron

'Humour' Section

#1 Post by erron » Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:35 am

Just looking at a few of the threads lately, we've been veering towards the laughter side of things in otherwise serious and valuable threads. I'm the first to admit I'm the worst offender here; I can be a right clown! :o

Now, a good sense of humour is nice to see, but sometimes a thread of otherwise excellent value can become 'clogged' with personal jokes etc, so that when you go back to find the information you want, you have to sift through a lot of unwanted detail to find it. And I think the informational quality of the threads on Ozbow has been something we can all take pride in.

I originally intended the "Shooting the Breeze" section to be the area for fun and so on, but lately have been thinking maybe we need to more clearly draw the line between work and play.

With that in mind, I've created a new Campfire called 'Humour', where those of us who missed our calling as standup comedians can share a laugh.

I've shifted the funnies in "Shooting the Breeze" into "Humour". Feel free to add whatever you want, but please abide by the broad guidelines in the forum summary.

Any comments, I'm happy to hear, publicly or privately.

Cheers,

Erron
Last edited by erron on Fri Sep 26, 2003 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Griffo

#2 Post by Griffo » Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:19 pm

Top idea Erron... 8)

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:02 pm

Erron,

I think a humor section is a good idea and I like a laugh as much as anyone. It just seems to me, going by a couple of recent posts, that the humor is edging to the gutter side. I can't see this having any positives for Ozbow. However you and others may think differently. Jeff

erron

#4 Post by erron » Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:13 pm

Thanks for the feedback Jeff. I must admit to being a tad apprehensive about the humour section. I am considering what to do about this.

I don't want to be prudish, but then I don't want open slather either. I will post a few guidelines in the Forum header in the next day or so, and welcome feedback on that too.

cheers,

Erron