Interview with Bill Baker of Pacific Bowhunting Safaris

Please read these regularly. They will convey where the Ozbow site is up to, what is planned & happening in the short term, responses to general feedback, and so on.

Moderator: Moderators

erron

Interview with Bill Baker of Pacific Bowhunting Safaris

#1 Post by erron » Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:49 pm

I'm pleased to announce the posting of an Interview with Bill Baker of Pacific Bowhunting Safaris on the Lore & Legend pages.

This is a great read for anyone wanting to know how to prepare for a hunt up North, and Bill's outfit caters to Bowhunters exclusively! :)

Bill also tells of his high regard for Glenn Newell's bows, one of which he now shoots after receiving advice from Dr. Don Thomas (of Traditional Bowhunter magazine) following a shoulder injury. Bill had the good fortune to guide Don.

Glenn, for those who don't know, is one of the country's top Bowyers, one of Ozbow's regular contributors, and a long time bowhunter with a love-hate relationship with Boars: they love to toss him in the air, he hates the landing. :wink:

Thanks for the excellent interview, Bill!

Enjoy, everyone!

Erron

Griffo

#2 Post by Griffo » Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:34 am

they love to toss him in the air, he hates the landing.
...they love to rip his new ASAT suit...he hates that they rip his a@se cheeks too :D

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:52 pm

Thanks Erron. Also welcome to the site Bill I've seen you post a couple of times.

Jeff

erron

#4 Post by erron » Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:32 am

One thing I neglected to mention is Bill's book, "Born to The Bow", about which I've heard so much - all good - and received so many recommendations that I intend it to be the next archery book I read.

Maybe I'll feature it in the Book Review pages I'm working on. Anyone know where the best place is to to get a copy?

Erron

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#5 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Fri Sep 19, 2003 10:00 am

Erron,

From the man himself I believe. I must agree that it is a great book written by an Aussie who is very passionate about bowhunting and has a real love of the bush - a love that is shared by his family and friends.

I highly reccommend Bill's book and my copies have their special place in my library.

Jeff

pender

Bill Baker Interview

#6 Post by pender » Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:07 am

Hi Erron, Please bare with me, I am new at the computer stuff. I would like to rea the interview with Bill Baker but am unable to find it on this site. Can you give me some hints on navigation. I think the grey matter is starting to fad. regards Pender :roll: :( :?
Pender, Razoredge Broadhead Sharpener

erron

#7 Post by erron » Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:30 pm

Welcome to Ozbow, Pender!

To get to the interview you go to main pages. You can do this from these forums (which we call our 'Campfires') by clicking on the arrow head at above right. From there, click on the Lore & Legend link. Scroll down to the Legend section and click on the link for Bill's interview.

Or, if you're in a hurry, click on this to take you there:

http://www.ozbow.net/bill_baker_pacific ... is_001.htm

Let me say welcome to the online world, if you're new to it, and don't worry, it 'aint that scary after a short while! :)

Also, feel free to ask ANY question and folks here will be sure to help you out.

I've been using your broadhead sharpener for about 2 years now, and wouldn't trade it for anything!!. It enables even a dunce like me to get a good edge on the head. When you're feeling at home here on Ozbow, I gotta speak to you about an article on sharpening broadheads!

cheers,

Erron