Forum Change

Please read these regularly. They will convey where the Ozbow site is up to, what is planned & happening in the short term, responses to general feedback, and so on.

Moderator: Moderators

erron

Forum Change

#1 Post by erron » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:38 pm

Please note that as part of a rationalization of forums/general hosuekeeping, the Trade-A-Hunt forum has been merged with the Traditional Archery Events forum, and relevant threads moved there.

I may also change the name of the Traditional Archery Events forum to be just ‘Traditional Events’, in order to reflect its wider focus now. Any thoughts on this?

Cheers,

Erron

CameronPotter

#2 Post by CameronPotter » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:49 pm

Keep the title as is. The focus is still on archery there isn't it. Thus Traditional Archery Events covers it better.

Traditional Events might sound more like a line dancing get together?

Buford

#3 Post by Buford » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:14 pm

Cam,
I think the fact that whoever is looking at the forum, is on a website devoted to archery and bowhunting, kinda covers it? :roll:
Stupid TV! Be more funny!

CameronPotter

#4 Post by CameronPotter » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:19 pm

Yeah, but I was just meaning, why drop the word archery?

Does "archery" have target connotations instead of general bow shooting connotations?

Anyway, I don't much mind either way, I just thought that Traditional Archery Events sounded a bit better.

Buford

#5 Post by Buford » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:45 pm

CameronPotter wrote:Does "archery" have target connotations instead of general bow shooting connotations?
IMO not just target. If I hear "Traditional archery event", i think of a competition (scoring, rules etc.) Just like when i hear "bowhunting" or "traditional bowhunting" it brings a totally different image to mind.

As you said Cam, it doesn't much matter. :wink:

Buford
Stupid TV! Be more funny!

CameronPotter

#6 Post by CameronPotter » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:53 pm

If most people do think of scores etc when they read Traditional Archery Events, then the name should be changed to Traditional Events.

Better to not have that confusion at all.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#7 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:02 pm

CameronPotter wrote:
Does "archery" have target connotations instead of general bow shooting connotations?

IMO not just target. If I hear "Traditional archery event", i think of a competition (scoring, rules etc.) Just like when i hear "bowhunting" or "traditional bowhunting" it brings a totally different image to mind.
I agree with what Matt has said here and think much the same. With this in mind the forum name could be changed to 'Traditional Archery & Bowhunting Events'.

If you want to shorten the title it could simply be 'Events' with no traditional because we are a Traditional Bowhunting & Archery site. The word 'Events' would then cover both archery and bowhunting events.

Jeff

CameronPotter

#8 Post by CameronPotter » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:16 am

"Events" sounds good to me.