ABA (and now, Ozbow) mentioned on Tradgang...

Please read these regularly. They will convey where the Ozbow site is up to, what is planned & happening in the short term, responses to general feedback, and so on.

Moderator: Moderators

erron

ABA (and now, Ozbow) mentioned on Tradgang...

#1 Post by erron » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:20 pm

Dr Ed Ashby has posted a request for comment on the ABA site in this thread:

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb. ... 018930;p=2

I have posted my comments, and invite those of you so inclined, to add your own. It is a great opportunity when someone of Ed's profile talks about something OZ-related, so let's make the most of it!

Please be respectful, (I hope I managed it :? ) even if you have negative things to say, and try to balance them with encouraging ones. I think the ABA, for all its faults, real and perceived, is really trying (and generally succeeding) to do a good job, given its resources and the huge-country-with-small-bowhunter-population it's saddled with...

thanks,

Erron

coach

#2 Post by coach » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:37 pm

I liked your comments Erron and there could have been a lot more if I had of bothered to register !
I have had dealings with ABA and they just dont want to know if it doesnt fit in with their agenda!
They ask for comments , advice , suggestions ,, but when presented they are scoffed at!
Quote in point " we have addressed this many times ,but we have decided not to do this"
Well if it has been asked for many times ,, why arent they listenening?
ABA is a dying ASSociation and will continue to do so with so many clubs and people leaving them !

coach

#3 Post by coach » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:41 pm

For godsake they wont even list the clubs! This **** me off , as if you couldnt tell! How are they to get new members if they wont list the clubs?
No rules of their game either! The site is a token gesture at best!

longbowman

ABA

#4 Post by longbowman » Tue May 10, 2005 5:48 pm

ABA is a dying breed and so it should be. i left the sport over 20 years ago because of the same issues that are facing the sport thru ABA and AA. i am a professional high performance coach in another sport and only came back to the sport bc of the 3D game. ABA and its crew need to be removed and enlist forward thinking new blood with open minds and fresh ideas.

patch

#5 Post by patch » Tue May 10, 2005 6:27 pm

well jeff here we go again the aba was well represented at the nsw shot show at homebush some 47000 people went threw the doors 970 shot bows at the stand and guess what your club details were listed there for all to see as well as all the other clubs in our zone yet again i say insted of standing back complianing come to the branch meetings ie last sat [no report from your group]and help you seem to have every answer to every problem the web site is ander repear problem being the site is in mac format not pc so they are starting from scratch again so what ya say in or out or
i was aiming there honest

longbowman

#6 Post by longbowman » Tue May 10, 2005 6:31 pm

My name isnt jeff but Carl. a turn up to ashow doesnt mean the ABA are listening, but just promoting their interests. as for turning up to meetings is there a point when we as the people of the sport arent listened to but are just ignored as previous posts have shown about other commentrs in the past.
cheers Carl

coach

#7 Post by coach » Tue May 10, 2005 6:35 pm

I'm Out

patch

#8 Post by patch » Tue May 10, 2005 6:40 pm

i wasnt repling to you carl i was talking to the serial ABA basher coach and i got the response i new i would get

longbowman

#9 Post by longbowman » Tue May 10, 2005 6:42 pm

'thats cool and i understand where you are both coming from.
cheers Carl

patch

#10 Post by patch » Tue May 10, 2005 6:50 pm

does your local council read these forums to fix pot holes in the road or the gov to fix unemployment no so why do you think ABA shoul reply to any negative posts if you want t problem fixed all you have to do is put it in writing the by law it has to be looked at thats how you get things done ie the speed laws for the aba game i put the facts down now there is a rule change ie the bear hair rest issue for the ifaa game is soon to be over after clarifcaton [bad spellin] with a win for the good guys so have proven that system works pens to paper boys if you want i am on the branch management committee i will personaly table ant follow these for you and coach your rep ? can do the same thing as they are on the committee too big stick to shake

Buford

Re: ABA (and now, Ozbow) mentioned on Tradgang...

#11 Post by Buford » Tue May 10, 2005 6:55 pm

erron wrote:Dr Ed Ashby has posted a request for comment on the ABA site in this thread:

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb. ... 018930;p=2

I have posted my comments, and invite those of you so inclined, to add your own. It is a great opportunity when someone of Ed's profile talks about something OZ-related, so let's make the most of it!

Please be respectful, (I hope I managed it :? ) even if you have negative things to say, and try to balance them with encouraging ones. I think the ABA, for all its faults, real and perceived, is really trying (and generally succeeding) to do a good job, given its resources and the huge-country-with-small-bowhunter-population it's saddled with...

thanks,

Erron
please pardon my ignorance :oops: but who is Ed Ashby?

Matt
Stupid TV! Be more funny!

yeoman

#12 Post by yeoman » Tue May 10, 2005 8:54 pm

He's quite a prominent archer. A high profile type, you know, promotes the sport, hunting etc, and has done very extensive studies on hunting arrowheads and their penetration. Very enlightening reading. His articles are on tradgang.

Dave
https://www.instagram.com/armworks_australia/

Bow making courses, knife making courses, armour making courses and more:
http://www.tharwavalleyforge.com/

Articles to start making bows:
http://www.tharwavalleyforge.com/index. ... /tutorials