Weekly Update for end of August, 2003!

Please read these regularly. They will convey where the Ozbow site is up to, what is planned & happening in the short term, responses to general feedback, and so on.

Moderator: Moderators

erron

Weekly Update for end of August, 2003!

#1 Post by erron » Mon Sep 01, 2003 7:13 pm

This week we:

1) Added news feeds to 3 of the campfires: OZ & NZ News; International
Hunting News and Heart & Soul. These will soon be set up to automatically
(each day) feed news from around the world into the relevant campfires, thus ensuring there'll always be something fresh, for those of you who are
frequent site visitors, to read.

2) Added "Jackrat's New Zealand" by Jack Carter to the Lore & Legend pages. Jack, a resident of the Land of the Long White Cloud who spent several years in OZ, has a unique perspective on both countries. His concise introduction to the Hunting and Fishing scene in NZ is a must read for anyone about to visit, and a real eye opener for the rest of us.

3) Added "Bowhunting The Dead Marshes" by Guy Curtis to the Lore & Legend pages. An account of a day hunt in Gippsland, Victoria, this story gives another perspective on the varied hunting opportunities available in OZ.

4) Added an interview with Phil Bray of Cape York Hunting and Fishing
Safaris to the Lore & Legend pages. Phil is the first to reply to the
questionnaire I sent out to various people in the OZ bowhunting scene.
Thanks for your feedback, Phil.

That's about it for this week. Programming the news feeds was a big job, but I learnt a lot in the process. Next week, I hope to install a modification
that will enable people to attach image files with their posts, without
having to either email the images to me or enter laborious, mind-numbing
lines of code!!! Wish me luck, LOL!

Cheers all,

Erron
:)