Ozbow Ownership!!!

Please read these regularly. They will convey where the Ozbow site is up to, what is planned & happening in the short term, responses to general feedback, and so on.

Moderator: Moderators

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

Ozbow Ownership!!!

#1 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:18 pm

As you know Steve Farrell (longbow steve) took over the reins of Ozbow back in early March and Jude and I headed off to enjoy some time travelling this great country of ours. I was contacted by Steve yesterday to say that he had over committed himself and could not give Ozbow the time it required to operate efficiently. This came about because his new shop is enjoying such success that it is requiring much of his time!!! We wish Steve continued success.

I wanted to let the members know that, for the time being at least, Jude and I will be continuing with the ownership of the site. We will be looking at a number of options with a view of ensuring that Ozbow remains the valuable resource that it is for the Traditional Bowhunters and Archers in this country. I hope we can rely on your continued support.

Thanks

Jeff & Jude

little arrows

Re: Ozbow Ownership!!!

#2 Post by little arrows » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:23 pm

Thanks for the update Jeff and welcome back to yourself and Jude. The forum is in safe hands.

cheers
sue

Gringa Bows

#3 Post by Gringa Bows » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:17 pm

Heeeeeeesssssss Backkkkk :biggrin:

Roadie

#4 Post by Roadie » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:56 pm

Thanks for the Update Jeff, Welcome Back. Cheers Roadie.

jcm

#5 Post by jcm » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:10 pm

Welcome back
Regards

John

Bill
Supporter
Supporter

#6 Post by Bill » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:59 pm

:smile:
8) as stated "Welcome back". :biggrin:

Gilly

#7 Post by Gilly » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:37 am

Welcome back!

longbowinfected

#8 Post by longbowinfected » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:45 am

hopefully you got a reasonable break away from this place.
Thank you both.
Thank you Steve for having a go.

Kevin
never complain....you did not have to wake up....every day is an extra bonus and costs nothing.

bigbob

#9 Post by bigbob » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:56 pm

thanks for your great efforts Steve, and welcome back Jeff.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

longbow steve

#10 Post by longbow steve » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:41 am

Thanks Guys, Just a little explanation of where I am at and the reasons behind my decision to hand the site back.
The shop I have started with my partner is becoming bigger and better then we had expected, currently we are selling on behalf of 87(and rising) artists and crafts people in a 250 sq/m old hardware store. Not only this but I am working full time on the NRMA road service and doing my Auto Electrical trade at night. We had partners to start the business early on but they backed out, we tried to find other suitable people but no one suitable presented and by that stage the project had taken on to much momentum and we were committed.
Any way rather than see Ozbow fail at my hand I made the decision to hand it back.
Jeff and Jude have done a great job to keep the site going and should be applauded and supported as Ozbow is a great resource and community. I intend to become more active on the site when my life settles down and will assist when I can with moderation if needed in the future.
The competition that I started will be honoured and perhaps Jeff could judge the worthy winner of the $50 voucher for me to spend at one of our archery suppliers on this site.
Thanks for your understanding all and know that my motivation for my decision was for the benefit of the site. Regards Steve

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#11 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:57 am

Thanks for the welcome back folks.
longbow steve wrote:Any way rather than see Ozbow fail at my hand I made the decision to hand it back……..
Thanks for your understanding all and know that my motivation for my decision was for the benefit of the site.
Thanks Steve. It certainly wasn't an easy decision on your part but one that had to be made. We all know that our time can only be spread so far. I think I would speak for everyone on the site when I say we wish you continued success with your new shop. It is excellent that it is being so well supported; congrats! Try and find the time to relax and fling a few arras when you can mate and please do drop in here when you are able.

As for Ozbow, things are already in motion to ensure it is around for a long time to come. :biggrin:

Jeff

robmoore

#12 Post by robmoore » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:00 pm

Stickbow Hunter wrote:Thanks for the welcome back folks.
longbow steve wrote:Any way rather than see Ozbow fail at my hand I made the decision to hand it back……..
Thanks for your understanding all and know that my motivation for my decision was for the benefit of the site.
Thanks Steve. It certainly wasn't an easy decision on your part but one that had to be made. We all know that our time can only be spread so far. I think I would speak for everyone on the site when I say we wish you continued success with your new shop. It is excellent that it is being so well supported; congrats! Try and find the time to relax and fling a few arras when you can mate and please do drop in here when you are able.

As for Ozbow, things are already in motion to ensure it is around for a long time to come. :biggrin:

Jeff
Both Steve's shop and the Ozbow site are important and worthy entities - each in their own way and deserve recognition for their efforts and achievements.
Best wishes for the future Jeff, Jan & Steve.

Bob

Scrub Bull

#13 Post by Scrub Bull » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:04 pm

Front page has had an update. Let us know if you see any problems.
Its good to have a IT geek son home for the holidays, it gave him some thing to do for 10 minutes.
Now I'll get him on to the TradBits website.

PS welcome back Jeff
Archery is a simple game, it's the mind that over complicates it.
www.tradbits.com.au