Lost images!!!

Please read these regularly. They will convey where the Ozbow site is up to, what is planned & happening in the short term, responses to general feedback, and so on.

Moderator: Moderators

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

Lost images!!!

#1 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:01 pm

Well folks after having time to check the site out fully it seems that any missing images in posts are missing from our files and are therefore unrecoverable!!!

This is a huge loss and really annoys me that this has happened but we only have one option if we wish to see these photos again and that is to reload them one by one - yes a huge job!

There is only two ways of doing this.

Method 1:

If you have a post where one of your images is missing you need to click on the ‘edit’ button and then delete the old image file first and then upload the same image again from your computer and then place it in the position you want it to be in your post.

If you are unsure on how to do this I am quite willing to talk you through the process but I would need you to PM me your phone number (landline please) so I can call you in order to do this. It should only take about five minutes to have you editing and replacing your missing images.

Method 2:

You can email me via the ‘Contact Us’ button on the front page of the site and include the following information.

1. Your username on the site.
2. A link to the thread where the image/s are missing.
3. the image file/s (image/s) exactly as they had been posted on the site - same name, same file size and same dimensions.

As a last resort, if you did not keep the file as it was posted on the site you can send me the same image and I will resize it ect before posting it back up on the site for you.

As I’m sure you already know that a lot of the threads on Ozbow really rely on having their images viewable or they really aren’t worth having. For this reason I appeal to you to please help us get these images back up on the site. There are thousands missing so as I said above it will be no small task but with time we should be able to replace a big percentage of these images. Quite a lot of hours have already been spent replacing them and there is going to be a lot more hours involved but in the end IT WILL BE WORTH IT!!!

Once again I would like to apologize for this but it was beyond our control. I can assure you though that your assistance in replacing the missing images will be greatly appreciated not only by Admin but also by all the members.

Thanks

Jeff