URGENT OZBOW SITE UPDATE!!!

Please read these regularly. They will convey where the Ozbow site is up to, what is planned & happening in the short term, responses to general feedback, and so on.

Moderator: Moderators

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

URGENT OZBOW SITE UPDATE!!!

#1 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:10 pm

G’day All,

Thanks for all your kind words and encouragement it is appreciated. Like all of you I’m just glad I did some backups to my computer.

As you all can see there are still some major problems with the site and after spending many hours checking it over and speaking with others it seems obvious that there are a lot of corrupted files causing problems with the site. I can’t see a happy future with this version of the site.

Some obvious problems; most attachments aren’t linking with their links, corrupted avatars, images and text. There are quite a few functions on the board I can’t seem to get to work either.

As I mentioned the hosts lost everything and my most recent backup was used to restore the site and there are a couple of possibilities that may be the cause of the corruptions. First is that the site was not restored using the method I thought would have been used and this may have caused problems but the more likely issue is that my latest backup was done a couple of weeks ago and at that time we had already had a few intermittent problems with the site which was probably due to the host’s hard drive already starting to fail so therefore my backup is corrupted.

So, what to do is the big question. I am seeking professional opinions on this and will speak with the sites hosts tomorrow. The likely path however is that the site will be restored in a different manner to see if that fixes the problems or one of my older (hopefully non corrupt) backups will be used to restore the site. If my next oldest backup is used we will loose just under two months of posts, not ideal but it will be worth it to have the site restored and functioning properly and so much better than having lost everything.

PLEASE NOTE!!!

Because of the above we are most likely going to loose all posts after the 19th of July!!! If you have posted threads since that date please copy them and repost them once we have the site properly operating again. I’m so sorry for this but at this point in time I can’t really see much option.

Please be aware that the site might go down again tomorrow as the process of fixing it continues; please stay with us as I’m sure we will be back up and running again soon.

Until further notice please don’t post up anymore threads that you are not willing to loose; by all means keep posting but just be aware we will most likely end up loosing them while restoring the site.

Lastly, as I have mentioned previously, I really do have only limited tech skills when it come to this kind of web stuff and I know that I will not be able to get things operating properly again without help. If any of you are really experienced with web sites and these phpbb forums and have the time and would be willing to help get Ozbow operational again your help would be greatly appreciated. Of course I don’t expect you to do this for nothing but it would be good if the fees were somewhat less than what professional web site builders are charging. Perhaps you may even know someone trustworthy who could help. If you or if you know someone who could help would you please contact me via email at jjchally (at) bigpond (dot) com or phone 07 4123 3439 and I can call you back.

Once again sorry for the inconvenience but hopefully it will soon be all behind us and Ozbow will once again be going forwards better than ever.

Thanks

Jeff

Gringa Bows

Re: URGENT OZBOW SITE UPDATE!!!

#2 Post by Gringa Bows » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:53 pm

my fingers are crossed Jeff.......

Roadie

#3 Post by Roadie » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:15 pm

And mine as well, keep hanging in there Jeff. Cheers Roadie.

kerrille

#4 Post by kerrille » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:17 pm

toes too

...nev...

nimrod

#5 Post by nimrod » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:21 am

jeff mate you will sort it done well so far best of luck