Your Name In Lights!!!

Please read these regularly. They will convey where the Ozbow site is up to, what is planned & happening in the short term, responses to general feedback, and so on.

Moderator: Moderators

erron

Your Name In Lights!!!

#1 Post by erron » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:56 am

I’m toying with the idea of having a rotating photo graphic on the front page of Ozbow. This isn’t my idea, I believe it came originally from vegie? and perhaps someone else. Whoever, thanks, it’s a great idea, and I’ve found a way it can be done. (easy, just get Guy to do it, :lol: !)

What I need is a generous donation from all of you of any photos you would like or permit me to have on our front page. If I can get a reasonable database of photos, you can look forward to seeing that great (archery/bowhunting related) pic of yourself, family, mates, favourite bow etc. appearing on our front page real soon...

8)

Any comments/ideas/offers?

Erron

Buford

#2 Post by Buford » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:43 am

would it be one pic at a time? or three like there is now? how often would it be changed?
great idea whatever way you go.

buford

ps. you sure like making extra work for yourself don't cha? :lol:
Stupid TV! Be more funny!

erron

#3 Post by erron » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:50 am

One graphic at a time, although it may be a 'montage' like now. What you see presently is really one picture, comprising 3 photos. We could do a series of those, or just have one photo at a time, or a combination of single photos and montages etc.

Extra work yes, but enjoyable work :wink:

Erron

Dennis La Varenne

#4 Post by Dennis La Varenne » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:53 am

Erron,
Go with that idea. It will bring the site much more to life to have an animated front page. I have one particular picture which I would like to send. What maximum file-size do you want?

Dennis La Varenne
Dennis La Varénne

Have the courage to argue your beliefs with conviction, but the humility to accept that you may be wrong.

QVIS CVSTODIET IPSOS CVSTODES (Who polices the police?) - DECIMVS IVNIVS IVVENALIS (Juvenal) - Satire VI, lines 347–8

What is the difference between free enterprise capitalism and organised crime?

HOMO LVPVS HOMINIS - Man is his own predator.

erron

#5 Post by erron » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:56 am

Dennis/All, send what you've got and I'll cut it down in Photoshop, or if you're savvy enough, please limit them to under 100K or thereabouts.

cheers,

Erron

erron

#6 Post by erron » Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:08 pm

Well, since the only reply I’ve received to date is a fantastic shot Dennis sent me, can I assume that any photo posted here is okay to have in the ‘roster’? That will mean I can get it happening pretty much in the next week or so, hopefully?

Erron

Buford

#7 Post by Buford » Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:14 pm

:? erron, i spent an hour lookin', and for all the photos i have, all those rolls of film burnt up........ i only got one single traditional archery pic! :shock:

i gotta get out more! :x

Buford

PS. will send it to ya when i get it sorted, gotta fix it up a bit first :)

erron

#8 Post by erron » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:27 pm

We all gott get out more, mate!

:lol:

Erron

Buford

#9 Post by Buford » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:37 pm

erron,
do you want me to drop the image quality down so i can send the pic via a pm. or i can send it in all it's glory via email (which you will supply please :) )

cheers
Matt

erron

#10 Post by erron » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:45 pm

Send as is mate, and I'll trim it. Just click on the email icon at the bottom of this post...

thanks,

:P

E.