Ozbow's Code of Hunting Ethics
Ozbow encourages and promotes an Ethical Code of Bowhunting based on the following principles, as defined by Dennis La Varenne.
There is a set of guiding principles which se a standard of behaviour which comples me to act in a certain manner irrespective of whether others are present or not, or whether I am ever likely to be caught out or not.
- I will never take a shot at any animal where there is a reasonable possibility of wounding.
- I will never take a shot at any animal where the shot is a "challenge".
- The only morally defensible shot is one where a humane killing shot is probable.
- I will never take a shot where I do not have control over the outcome.
- The only morally defensible situation where a wounded anumal occurs is when the circumstances were completely beyond my ability to predict the outcome.
- The animal I hunt is never entrapped or its escape is prevented.